X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New UI and Match Start impressions

Awesome that you guys are taking feedback for these quality of life fixes. First up, the new UI (and the art) are incredible additions. Everything is much more navigable now. Flyover camera for match intro is a step in the right direction but it still paints the goal of the match (IE the WIN state) to be tied with base destruction in my opinion. Still really informative though.
    Last edited by Saboteur-6; 09-01-2016, 01:15 PM.

The new art on the main menu is awesome.

Took me a sec to realize I had to go to customise and press triangle to set my character. Dunno if that'll be obvious to players not. Maybe it should be X to select your character, and triangle to set masteries instead. (BUT when I first started this game it took me a week to realize it even had masteries at all lol, so I may not be the best barometer for this).

I like that the flyover gives me a chance to get ready, like if I've put the pad down during loading/matchmaking or something, but it does slow things down a bit because it requires all 10 people to skip it. But more people will be skipping it as time goes on. It's just the first day so everyone wants to watch it. And yes I feel it puts too much emphasis on destroying bases and not enough emphasis on the scoreboard and personal glory. Also the mutant's voice is really cool lol.
    Last edited by SygBoss; 09-03-2016, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Maybe it's my imagination but I feel like with every patch they slightly improve the graphics. I really enjoy that.

Comment

• Saboteur-6
        Saboteur-6 commented
        Editing a comment
        The "Gosh Darn" you steal my avatar man? Jesus Christ there's like 25 people on these forums and you feel the need to jack something another user made? EDIT: Went ahead and changed mine since you literally copy/pasted my old one but I feel compelled to tell you David that it's a dick move to take someone's avatar in an internet forum. Next time just ask.
        Last edited by ztstyle; 09-07-2016, 06:28 PM. Reason: Language people!

Originally posted by SygBoss View Post

Took me a sec to realize I had to go to customise and press triangle to set my character. Dunno if that'll be obvious to be players not. Maybe it should be X to select your character, and triangle to set masteries instead. (BUT when I first started this game it took me a week to realize it even had masteries at all lol, so I may not be the best barometer for this).
      I don't think this part was in the patch notes, but yeah it confused me for a minute too

Comment

Saboteur... 1st, I don't know how you know my first name... but ok.

2nd. I literally typed into Google "kill strain Katrina" as I was looking for an avatar and that was the first one that i liked that popped up. (Since has disappeared) I don't spend enough time on here to know it's hand made or that someone else was using it.

3rd. I'll change it. It's totally not a big deal.

Comment

• zeothedeathgod
          zeothedeathgod commented
          Editing a comment
          He was slightly dickish;p what was said. I wouldn't worry about it too much. A million people use the same avatar as me on PSN, not too mad about that. I could probably cut and paste a image from the game too with a screenshot

• Midasxe
          Midasxe commented
          Editing a comment
          I honestly thought you guys were friends and he was joking. I guess not. Yikes.

I like the flyover, gives first timers a look at the map. The pressing triangle to set your favorite merc is a little confusing, but otherwise I like the changes.

Comment

Hoping the fly over gets removed from the higher leveled matches after Pax West is over

Comment

I don't think it needs to be removed, can skip it. and givs time for players to ready up and get going on the map. some people just sit there at the start, kinda garbs attention.

Comment

So we should increase the length to 10mins for the plays that just sit there :P

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeUesugi View Post
                So we should increase the length to 10mins for the plays that just sit there :P
                Why not?! Kidding, but there should be a timer of probably 20 seconds before a match begins, with an option to skip the flyover. I guess the timer works better if theres something to do before a match

Comment

Mutants get to fortify their strain around the base while Mercs get to spin in circles!

Comment

• Midasxe
                    Midasxe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I literally burst out laughing at this!
                Working...
                X