X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lay off

So, i heard around that Sony Layed off some employees at "Sony San Diego Studios".
    Was the Kill Strain team affected? How does this affect Kill Strain?
    Cause you know, i spent some money on this game.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/2...o.php#comments this article says 50 were laid off.

Comment

Zach hasn't posted here since the 13th..

Comment

I haven't heard from Zach or any of the others since the news hit last month... that was until last night. I spoke with one of the KS team members and found out about this update and some hints on it. I wish now that I had remembered to ask him about the game and its future as I was so excited to hear about the update I completely forgot about it. I will try and talk with him some more tonight and hopefully get some insight as to what is going to happen with kill strain and its future.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathTrap23 View Post
          I haven't heard from Zach or any of the others since the news hit last month... that was until last night. I spoke with one of the KS team members and found out about this update and some hints on it. I wish now that I had remembered to ask him about the game and its future as I was so excited to hear about the update I completely forgot about it. I will try and talk with him some more tonight and hopefully get some insight as to what is going to happen with kill strain and its future.
          Don't let us down!

Comment

This game needs a community manager of some sort at least. So why not let the fans do it? I've seen several games/forums give mod status to fans of the game for the forums and while not revealing everything, would give them a few things to go on to keep building hype and keep a connection to the fans.

Comment

I think that is a great idea. Moderator status doesn't mean you work for anybody or that you know everything. It means you know some stuff about the topic and what you don't you can get (if possible) from the higher ups. I was a mod many years ago for a few different sites and games and it seemed to work well having a few go-betweens helping the staff out.

Comment

Well, as of right now the team is smaller than before, they did let some go. And from what I was told the game will continue to be supported as long as it is played by enough people, not in those exact words but that's the gist of it. Any other questions let me know and I'll see what I can find out.

Comment

• Wan0bwan
                  Wan0bwan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Support can take different meanings. From keeping the servers humming and working on bugs to creating new maps and new characters. Did they say how much support they will be providing?

• Bazyli10
                  Bazyli10 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Do you know how many is this "enough people" and what is current traffic?

They have not stated how much actual support or exactly what type of support they would be offering. From what I understand the team is a lot smaller than it already was and the game staying up is all dependent on how well the game does in the future. As of now they are retaining server maintenance and will still be doing the maintenance weekly to make sure everything within the game continues to run smoothly. Other than that they are not completely sure what they will be able to update or add to the game until they see how well it continues to do.

Comment

• Wan0bwan
                  Wan0bwan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Fair enough. Thank you for taking the time to get us some answers.

Sorry or the delay on answering these questions.

I have not gotten any straight answers to the questions about the maintenance and team but from what I can tell there are very few people still working on this project, probably less than 5. They are basically keeping the servers running for the people who do play it, but would imagine that unless they start getting people to purchase things from the game (for real money) than this will continue to be their "support" until the game goes under.

I had informed them about the issue people were having with the quests not showing up after you complete one but have received no answers about that other than a statement that they did not know about it and how often or how many people it was happening to. If I find out any more information I will let you all know.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathTrap23 View Post
                  Sorry or the delay on answering these questions.

I have not gotten any straight answers to the questions about the maintenance and team but from what I can tell there are very few people still working on this project, probably less than 5. They are basically keeping the servers running for the people who do play it, but would imagine that unless they start getting people to purchase things from the game (for real money) than this will continue to be their "support" until the game goes under.

I had informed them about the issue people were having with the quests not showing up after you complete one but have received no answers about that other than a statement that they did not know about it and how often or how many people it was happening to. If I find out any more information I will let you all know.

Deathtrap23, what's the latest info. You reached anyone?

Comment

Working...
                  X