X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gameplay can be a clusterfuc* at times

Most of the time during the game, it seems like all the Blue players just want to fight the Gold players. When i'm the mutant i can just sit back and relax for the almost guaranteed win. There isn't a good enough incentive to win either. Most players just care for their own personal gain and not working as a team. Also I believe characters like Sylvan needs a little bit of a damage buff because it takes ages just to take out one strain source.

As i stated somewhere else. I don't really give a **** about destroying any of the bases. That's the point of the game, my team is just a tool to achieve my goal. As i see it, the main objective is beign the #1 player regardless of your team success., and when i'm the first on the list, THEN i start to push towards the base, so the match ends, with me at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolingachu View Post
      As i stated somewhere else. I don't really give a **** about destroying any of the bases. That's the point of the game, my team is just a tool to achieve my goal. As i see it, the main objective is beign the #1 player regardless of your team success., and when i'm the first on the list, THEN i start to push towards the base, so the match ends, with me at the top.

In my limited experience I feel like this is the majority of mindsets I run into. That and the guy who wants to solo a base from the bottom while everything else is going on.

Comment

One of the main objectives the developers have been pushing about Kill Strain is that the game is more about individual success. Basically, it doesn't matter which team 'loses' as long as you are on top. I'm not sure about how I feel about that type of mindset personally, as I tend to have a team mindset, though I tend to rank in the top three in every game, so maybe the two are more related than I would initially think.

The situation you are bringing up, I've rarely occured. More often I find mercs going after the mutant base before the mutants turn ability has activated. This has subsided over time, so I think part of it is the game community evolving over time.

Comment

Some good dialogue going on here. I will touch on the idea of winning, we avoid using the term win condition and instead use end conditions. Matches end when one of three different conditions are met.
          1. Base Destroyed (Either human or mutant)
          2. All Humans Turned
          3. Time Runs Out
          At that point the winner is technically the player in the match highest on the leader board, so with that in mind and the known advantages of using your team properly there is a constant ongoing balance of teamwork and solo play to ensure you are in the best position to be the top player when that end condition hits. While this may not sit too well with certain players, that is why there are items such as medals which can be earned in match and help boost a players post match payouts. For that user who may not get the most kills or fly up the leader board they still have plenty to shoot for in the match. Check out the info on Medals here: http://killstrain.com/game_guide/medals

Comment

• Saboteur-6
            Saboteur-6 commented
            Editing a comment
            New player and first time poster. I really don't get why the game is balanced around "psuedo teamwork" then if the whole point is an individual win state. Why even have teams at all, or even objectives? It really put me off to the game and I was about to drop $30 on the Corporation Pack too so I'm glad I came here first. And god help you if you're a Mutant where basically you get blitzed once the Mercs are done dicking around with each other.

It's a cool idea but I think it was a serious flaw in approaching this as a leaderboard challenge under the guise of a team based co-op.
        Working...
        X