X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Jyn Masteries?

I only tried him once on release day and wasn't planning on buying him until his price dropped but I will now with the event going on. I was hoping to hear from people well experienced with Jyn about what the best masteries are. For now I plan on buying 3 base masteries and only upgrading one to the max. So which mastery should take top priority and which other ones have you all found to be most beneficial?

At the moment I'm using Trigger Compensator, Wide Barrel and Power Cell Booster. Power Cell Booster is the one I'm fully upgrading first, although the increased attack rate from Trigger Compensator is a huge difference. All comes down to how you like to play though.

Comment

Can't go too wrong with basic attack speed on a damage character imo. That's the first one I did anyway.

Comment

I did the 2 for his Ult and Wide Barrel. First one I fully upgraded was the increased duration for his ult

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeUesugi View Post
          I did the 2 for his Ult and Wide Barrel. First one I fully upgraded was the increased duration for his ult
          How is ult duration working out? Popping his ult feels like suicide to me. He's so squishy and has to be so close for it to hit. Making it go on even longer seems not that good to me. Also why wide barrel?

Comment

Just popping in to say I am a fan of this open community discussion, keep it up folks.

Comment

Originally posted by SygBoss View Post
              How is ult duration working out? Popping his ult feels like suicide to me. He's so squishy and has to be so close for it to hit. Making it go on even longer seems not that good to me. Also why wide barrel?
              Yes, he is Squishy, but combine it with the increased speed mastery and you start twirling around your enemies why they try readjusting their aim. I play Jyn Spin it to Win it :P Also with the increased speed and duration I have used it as an escape with my Blink on Cooldown. Wide Barrel I picked because none of his other Masteries stuck out to me and alot of my kills are from following up my ult with charged shot, especially when mutants run into strain and you can't see them anymore. Covering a wider area without stepping in the strain doesn't sound like a bad idea. Though I might look into his Blink Masteries to see if I feel anything would be better then Wide Barrel since I also got some good follow up kills after my Ult from it.
              Edit - Also, you can always cancel Jyn's Ult early if things arent ending well to try to Blink away :P Just hit R1 again to cancel it before the duration is up.
              Last edited by SpikeUesugi; 08-22-2016, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Combo 1:Trigger compensator, improved explosives, weapon hacking system.
                Combo 2: improved explosives, weapon hacking system, wide barrel/enduring hunt
                Reasoning;
                Combo 1: More attacks so more damage with trigger compensator. Wider area of quantum leaps damage and in addition enemies now do 25% less damage from weapon hacking system. Allows you to stay in the fight longer and have a better chance at hitting with quantum leaps damage to start off with a bang. In combo with power blast your'e doing pretty good. Downside is stamina, likely stamina augments necessary.
                Combo 2: Wider area for quantum leap to hit, enemies do less damage from weapon hacking system and depending on 3rd chosen, better chance at landing power blast. If stamina issues are too great, you could swap with enduring hunt.

Comment

I don't really use the executing shot masteries cause I use that move for a stun and getaway. Only use the whole move if I have teammates to back me up, you can be stunned during it's duration so it lasting longer likely would be ineffective for me.

Comment

Hey everyone just wanted to say thanks for all the help. I'm finding Jyn to be very fun to use and definitely plan on investing into three maxed masteries soon.

Comment

Funny thing is I did only invest in Jyn's ult to be a trolling like build for fun, Spin it to Win it. But it was actually working well and I ended maxing those masteries out first If you want to try out different combos, I recommend only upgrading to level 3 to see if you like them. Though you do want something maxed out for the Jyn Event, think the one thing I saw the most in matching builds is Wide Barrel.

Comment

I recommend only upgrading to level 3 to see if you like them.
                        Good suggestion. I think purchasing the first level only doesn't make a difference enough to determine whether the mastery is worth using.

Comment

I'm using: Enduring Hunt - Improved explosives - Wide Barrel.

‚ÄčAnd doing pretty well to be honest.

Comment

The ult has grown on me. When I have some extra silver laying around I might swap improved explosives for one of the ult masteries.

Also, after more playing, I've decided Power Blast is pretty much the greatest move ever.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLERCAMBO89 View Post
                              The ult has grown on me. When I have some extra silver laying around I might swap improved explosives for one of the ult masteries.

Also, after more playing, I've decided Power Blast is pretty much the greatest move ever.
                              You should be getting a refund of silver from this Jyn event for Mastery 5.

Comment

Working...
                              X