Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

KillStrain Community

Welcome to the Strain!
See more
See less

Should minerva get a damage nerf to balencer her with the other mercs?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should minerva get a damage nerf to balencer her with the other mercs?

I mean by this overall damage, its too high in general because in my opinon if a mercs damage is too high when its a ranged juggernaut, its unbalenced and makes it so u know the juggernaut worth picking at all tbh is minerva. Also if her damage was a bit lower but not too much she would be viable AS WELL AS any other merc, if shes buffed right now, it then turns into a meta where if u dont choose anything else but minerva your golden, if you choose anyone else ur screwed over because other players will think that every other merc is a bad chose because #minerva is best merc, would never choose anyone else ever. XD. I tried rook against her but hes not even that tanky unless u give him alot of augments or max out every single mastery.
    Yes
    64.71%
    No
    35.29%
    Last edited by Ravenant2; 09-21-2016, 04:58 AM.

Could you explain further how she is imbalanced? I mean I know her basic attack does good damage if you can land it especially with the 25% damage increase Augment. All of the slow rate of fire characters hit hard. But what Augments or ability combos are you talking about specifically? In my opinion, Jyn and Sylvin are better all around damage dealers.

Comment

I voted no, I think the balance is pretty good. She has better health than Jyn but is instead a bit slower, it comes down to a balance of speed, damage and health. If you look at Katrina she has full damage but low health....
      Only problem I've met with this is that you sometimes meet 3 Minerva in opposite team and that is tough for sure...

Comment

• VocalAE
        VocalAE commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. Teamwork is too OP please nerf. But seriously, anytime multiple players work together they will roll any solitary players. Three people working together can clear an entire lane of turrets of one go of MECS, especially if one of the players is Katrina. Now, multiple Minervas will kill you everytime because you wouldn't be able to escape the taunt and ultimate combo. Multiple of anyone will kill you anytime. Whiskeys become the fastest characters in game if they stack Find the Path and become nearly unkillable if they stack Field Medicine as well. Katrinas could just shoot you once while invisible and the sheer damage would kill anyone. Sylvins have stuns, Vincents have knock downs, the list goes on. It isn't that Minerva is OP, but rather that her abilities work so well with other players. She encourages team play even more than the ultimate support that is Whiskey.

• slejfer
        slejfer commented
        Editing a comment
        VocalAE, yea I agree.

I voted no. I see no point in nerfing Minerva. She does decent damage with her single hit basic attack and its not fast enough to be overwhelming or anything like that. Any character played the right way with the right augments and masteries is a dangerous adversary. Stack the fact that multiple of the same character no matter who it is can be a danger to any single player as well.

Comment

I voted yes because she is usually at the top of the leader board and uh yeah. she kill everyone what else needs to be said.

Comment

• VocalAE
          VocalAE commented
          Editing a comment
          Just because players using Minerva are at the top of the leader board doesn't mean that the character is OP. Player skill is much more important in determining how well a player will score. Additionally, teams who are working together have will top score most of the time. Minerva encourages team play, especially with another Minerva. I played a match where my teammate was playing Sylvin and had 20+ kills with no deaths. Does that mean Sylvin needs to be nerfed because people can do great with him? By that logic Katrina, Jyn, Whiskey, Diesel, Vincent, Hacksaw, and Hiro should all be nerfed since I've either topped scored with them or have seen them top score.

I don't think Minerva needs a nerf. I wouldn't say shes balanced either, that taunt seriously is just too good, but shes not overpowered, she's not invincible, despite having her basic attack masteries at max, she's not game breaking, shes just good in the right hands. I see a lot of other mercs perform better, Elena, Katrina, Vincent, you just gotta know how to play your merc. This game is highly dependent on team plays. You got a bad team, you won't be doing as good as you could be doing.

Comment

• VocalAE
          VocalAE commented
          Editing a comment
          I tend to find that the taunt doesn't last long enough to be useful for me personally unless I'm with my team or right next to a turret. However I do find it very useful for preventing a lone mutant from dragging someone into the stain.

• KronicXL
          KronicXL commented
          Editing a comment
          I can agree with that. The taunt isn't that long so timing is important. And pulling lone Mercs/Mutants are very useful.

Honestly i used rook but hes NEVER going to be a proper tank and more of a squishy glass cannon unless u max most of his masteries, im thinking rook needs a tank like buff tbh.

Comment

Also since minerva has been realeased both teams fight nothing but the strain EVERY SINGLE GAME. not to mention my team can be sometimes full of morons and then the second i get turned even though i struggled, ( which did nothing) id be better off leaving the second i get turned, i get screwed over by both merc teams and we lose in mins. Makes me hste being a monster even more now. If i get turned, im leaving, no questions asked. Maybe deadlift will fare better then the first monster i use.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenant2 View Post
            If i get turned, im leaving, no questions asked.
            Calls people morons, leaves if he gets turned.
            Yeah, I sympathise way more with the people forced to play with you.

Rook is a tank, and need in no way or form a buff. He already have most health of all the mercs, perhaps even the mutants (I think only Deadlift has more health). Everyone of his abilities negate damage in one way or another. He's perfectly fine and if you can't use him, it's a l2p issue.

Comment

She has strengths and weaknesses just like the other mercs. Getting ganged up on by any of them is pretty much a death sentence.

Comment

High hp, decent-high damage, heals herself with every hit... not to mention she taunts you (low coldown), makes you slower and on top of that she has a hard hitting skill.

I would like to know what are her weaknesses 😓 she's the only merc I avoid 1 vs 1 if she's on full health

Comment

• DeathTrap23
                  DeathTrap23 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I never purposely avoid any character, regardless of who they are just because they have full health. Anything can happen and more often than not does. I'll be chasing after a Minerva and next thing I know there's a mutant coming up behind her or one of my teammates will take a short cut and cut her off at the healing pod. There's never a reason to completely avoid somebody just because they have full health, each character has their own ups and downs... you just gotta know what they are and how to get around them.

Originally posted by clanker75 View Post
                I voted yes because she is usually at the top of the leader board and uh yeah. she kill everyone what else needs to be said.
                She is usually at the top of the leader board because of the player, not the character being played. I am generally at the top of the leader board no matter who I use, at least in the top 3 when not first. Its all in how you use your selected character as to getting the top spots, not how many people you kill. It counts everything you do. I have had games where I had 28 kills and 12 assists but still got 3rd place because they used the point system better than I did those games.

Comment

I said yes ,although not for damage. My only problem is with her is the taunt ability. it needs a longer cooldown , her damage is fine . Also reduce or remove the heal per hit augment, makes her to hard to kill in my opinion .

Comment

Originally posted by I-StaY-TOONeD-I View Post
                    I said yes ,although not for damage. My only problem is with her is the taunt ability. it needs a longer cooldown , her damage is fine . Also reduce or remove the heal per hit augment, makes her to hard to kill in my opinion .

I didn't know about that heal per hit thing, that explains why Minerva is difficult to put down. Maybe this should be removed, I agree...

Comment

Ok... so let me get this straight. Because she can heal per hit she needs to be buffed? Neither of these seems like valid reasons to buff anybody. Is there no other character that heals as your attacking them? I believe that is incorrect. Is there no character that has a skill that temporarily raises their defense or health making them harder to kill? I believe that is incorrect.

As for the taunt being too strong or able to use too frequently? Maybe it does have a lower cool down, but it also forces you to take damage as you are using it which in my opinion evens it all out. Its not like you take no damage while they are taunted. What about others who stun you and you just sit there taking damage while doing nothing in return? I completely disagree with both of these points for buffing Minerva.

For those who say I disagree because I use her, that is incorrect. I use at least 3-4 different characters each time I play the game and if you play correctly there is no worries with the fights being fair. As long as you don't run headlong into a group than you fair just fine in your fights. You may not always win them, but you won't always lose them either if you have played the game for more than a few days.

Comment

Working...
                      X